Things we can help you with
- Liven up your homework with educational software your pupils can take home with them.
- New ideas for your IT-suite lessons.
- New ways to test your pupils quickly and efficiently.
We provide a series of easily-installed Windows applications to help you with
training and testing.
Sharing with other teachers
- The Qedoc Quiz Player: install this free programme
on their pupils' home or school computers to run the modules. The Player has been specially
designed to maximize learning motivation. Learn more...
- Qedoc Modules: can be obtained from a variety of sources. Download existing ones from
the web - often for free. Create new ones yourself. Or perhaps they come from an educational
publisher as an accompaniment to a school textbook.
- The Qedoc Quiz Maker: this is where you can create new
interactive educational modules or modify ones you got from the internet. The Qedoc Quiz Maker has been
designed to turn your ideas into professional-looking, interactive learning games
with a minimum of time and effort. Learn more...
- The Qedoc Marker: shortly to be released.
The licencing concept we have created for our learning system provides extremely strong
motivation to teachers to upload, share and mutually improve the educational modules they create.
The motivation: free use of the Qedoc Quiz Maker to any teacher who participates in the scheme.
In this way we hope to rapidly expand our free online library of interactive educational resources.
Independence of administrators and IT staff
Free or commercial path?
- Doesn't require any server or network installations.
- Doesn't require anything which an average person couldn't install on a computer themselves.
- Use it at school or at home.
- The Qedoc Quiz Player (which pupils require) is absolutely free.
- Optional no-cost route for the Qedoc Quiz Maker means independence of budgetting and financial controls.
- No training required.
The Qedoc Quiz Player is free anyway - but you also need a copy of the Qedoc Quiz Maker,
and as a teacher, you have two paths open to you
as regards licencing of the Qedoc Quiz Maker:
If you choose the former, the modules you
create with the authoring software must also be released to the public
for free on our site. The licencing scheme for release of modules is
exactly the same as the scheme used (as of March 2006) by the Massachussetts
Institute of Technology Open Courseware programme. (Note that we are not
related to MIT; it's just an example of another use of the same licencing
Advantages for you of the free user route:
Advantages for you of the paid-up user route:
- You pay nothing.
- Other educators unknown to you may pick up your modules and develop
them further, so the next time you teach a similar course, additional
free materials are available to you.
- You can prevent, limit and control pupil access to the module
in a fine-grained manner.
- Pupils cannot use the authoring programme to look up the answers
unless you allow this.
- Pupils cannot get hold of the modules before any exam you might
be planning - unless you want this.
- Modules can have different kinds of password protection.
- Pupil registration ID's can be passed through the system.
Competitions between educational institutions can be set up almost as a single-click process
with our software, using what we call "private learning communities". Steps to creating
an inter-school competition:
The rest of the process is entirely built-in and automated. Via the Qedoc Quiz Player interface,
every password-holder has live real-time access to the competition scores and can either participate,
observe or both.
- Create a suitable module with the authoring tool.
- Create a private learning community (click on the appropriate button in the Qedoc Quiz Player)
and write down the password for it.
- Pass the module and password on to your colleagues at other schools, who pass them on
to those of their pupils who wish to participate.